Uml CASE Tools
Table of contents
- UML Lab
- Web Sequence Diagrams
- Chronos Web Modeller
- Red Koda Community
- GWT UML
- Papyrus for UML
- Blueprint SM
- The UML Designer
- Software Ideas Modeler
- Cadifra UML Editor
- Visual Paradigm for UML
- Umbrello UML Modeller
- Rational Rose Modeler
- Prosa UML modeler
- QuickUML Windows
- QuickUML MacOSX
- Innovator Object
- Visual UML
- Ideogramic UML
- Artiso Visual Case
- Artisan Studio
- Enterprise Architect
UML Lab - !Modeling IDE
UML Lab combines modeling and coding in Eclipse.
Yatta Developers want to make truly agile modeling and coding possible. Its Round-Trip-Engineering NG makes reverse engineering of legacy code very simple. The tool uses the same Xpand Templates for forward and reverse engineering and uses many Eclipse modeling technologies.
UML Lab gives software developers a fully integrated and flexible modeling and programming experience in Eclipse.
- UML 2.3 class diagram editor
- template-base Reverse Engineering and Round-Trip-Engineering NG
- Java templates with best practices and patterns
- Basic Support for PHP including MySQL and CakePHP
- Model-based code validation
- Navigation and model exploration
- XMI import/export (Rational Software Architect, TopCASED)
More about UML Lab: UML Lab
UMLGraph - UMLGraph allows the declarative specification and drawing of UML class and sequence diagrams. The current features are part of an ongoing effort aiming to provide support for all types UML diagrams. An IEEE Software article titled On the declarative specification of models explains the rationale behind this approach. The tehnology behind UMLGraph was used to draw many of the diagrams appearing in the award-winning books Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective (Addison Wesley, 2006) and Code Reading: The Open Source Perspective (Addison Wesley, 2003). In addition, the UMLGraphDoc doclet included in this distribution automatically adds UML diagrams to javadoc documentation.
More about UMLGraph: UMLGraph
MetaUML - MetaUML is a GNU GPL MetaPost library for typesetting UML diagrams, using a human-friendly textual notation.
MetaUML Live!, a tool to draw MetaUML diagrams interactively in the web browser, is currently offline due to hardware maintenance.
More about MetaUML: MetaUML
Web Sequence Diagrams
Web Sequence Diagrams - Just enter the description here, and click "draw".
A web based uml sequence diagramas tool
More about Web Sequence Diagrams: Web Sequence Diagrams
Chronos Web Modeller
Chronos Web Modeller - The CWT family includes the Chronos Web Modeller, a collaborative tool for the creation of UML models the integrated Chronos Web Browser for Model reporting
More about Chronos Web Modeller: Chronos Web Modeller
LucidChart - LucidChart is a web-based diagramming tool that works in any major browser without requiring Flash or any other plugins. With LucidChart you can create:
- UML diagrams
- Network diagrams
- Business process flows
- Org charts
More about LucidChart: LucidChart
Red Koda Community
Red Koda Community - Red Koda is a free UML tool. It's easy to use and supports 13 UML2 diagrams. Finished diagrams could be copied to MS word documents or export as GIF, JPEG or BMP.
More about Red Koda Community: Red Koda Community
SDMetrics - Welcome to SDMetricsÂ® - the OO design measurement tool for the UMLâ„¢.
SDMetrics analyzes the structural properties of your UML models. Use object-oriented measures of design size, coupling, and complexity to
- establish quality benchmarks to identify potential design problems early on
- predict relevant system qualities such as fault-proneness or maintainability to better focus your review and testing efforts
- increase system quality and quality assurance effectiveness, find more faults earlier and save development cost
- refine your LOC or effort estimates for implementation and testing
- SDMetrics works with all UML design tools that support XMIÂ®.
Use design rule checking to automatically detect incomplete, incorrect, redundant, or inconsistent design, find style problems such as circular dependencies, violation of naming conventions, and more.
More about SDMetrics: SDMetrics
Dzine - Dzine is an Open Source CASE tool for OOAD. Draw use case ,interaction ,class ,deployment ,ER Diagrams. Code generation in C++ and java. Normalise your ER diagrams and generate SQL code. Reverse engg design from code. Just put in your Java or C++ code and generate class diagrams. Easiest way to obtain design from code
More about Dzine: Dzine
GWT UML - Smart, fast and easy online UML drawing using GWT by Google.
More about GWT UML: GWT UML
Papyrus for UML
Papyrus for UML - Papyrus is a dedicated tool for modelling within UML2. This open source tool is based on the Eclipse environment.
- Eclipse UML2 compliance
- Full respect of the UML2 standard as defined by the OMG
- Full respect of the DI2 (Diagram Interchange ) standard
- Extendable architecture of Papyrus that allows users to add new diagrams, new code generators, etc.
- Profile development support facilities for UML2 profiles
- Nested profiles support
More about Papyrus for UML: Papyrus for UML
Gliffy - Gliffy can be used as:
- Flowchart software
- Network diagram software
- Floor plan software
- Org chart software
- SWOT analysis
- Wireframe software
- UML software
- Business Process Modeling software
More about Gliffy: Gliffy
Blueprint SM - Blueprint Software Modeler is a UML2.1 compliant visual software modeler. Blueprint SM facilitates structured software design and code generation from UML diagrams and is integrated in the Eclipse IDE. The community edition of Blueprint SM is available for download and free for non-commercial use.
- UML2.1 modeling support
- OCL2.0 editor including syntax assist
- Java code generation (Pro Edition)
- Class diagram
- Package diagram
- Component diagram
- Composite structure diagram
- Object diagram
- Use case diagram
- Activity diagram
- State machine diagram
- Sequence diagram
More about Blueprint SM: Blueprint SM
Creately - Creately is a rich visual collaborative platform used by globally dispersed teams to communicate more effectively. With Creately's easy to use interface and shared Projects, everyone on your design, development and business teams can collaborate on software designs, wireframes, business & strategy diagrams easily trought the web.
Creately is 100% web based, and you can edit and operate your models online
More about Creately: Creately
Apollo - Apollo for Eclipse is the an UML modeling tool that is based on open source technology developed by the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) project.
The fully synchronized roundtrip engineering employs the latest releases of UML 2.1 and Java 5 to provide an instant visualization of any existing Java code through UML class diagrams, and likewise propagate changes to the UML model throughout the code.
The tool fully integrates into the Eclipse environment, which makes it easy for developers to view code as models, and vice versa.
In short, Apollo for Eclipse is primarily aimed at software developers who want to flexibly combine the advantages of visual modeling using UML (Unified Modeling Language) with programming in Java.
More about Apollo: Apollo
The UML Designer
The UML Designer - The UML Designer is an easy to use tool for quick design of C# based software systems with automatic code generation to allow a solid starting point for development.
- Free to use!
- C# Code Generation
- Multiple zoom levels for working with larger documents
- Support for one-to-many associations, with C# collection class support
- Notes which can be attached to classes or even links between classes
- Printing UML diagrams
- Saving UML diagrams as images
- A rich set of layout manipulation tools
- Traditional application features such as: copy & paste, undo & redo, etc...
More about The UML Designer: The UML Designer
Software Ideas Modeler
Software Ideas Modeler - Software Ideas Modeler is a lightweight tool for the creation of UML diagrams and some others.
- Fast and easy drawing of diagrams
- 13 types of UML diagrams
- 6 types of other diagrams (Data Flow, Mixed, CRC, Requirement, UI, ERD)
- Diagram styling
- Export to EMF, WMF, SVG, PNG, PDF
- Source code generating (C#, VB.NET, SQL DDL)
- Documentation generating
More about Software Ideas Modeler: Software Ideas Modeler
Gaphor - Gaphor is an open-source UML tool for the GNOME desktop environment. Gaphor uses a UML 2.0 compliant data model, can import classes from Python source code and can export high quality graphic representations of the models.
Gaphor supports class diagrams, use case diagrams, action diagrams and component diagrams. It can export high quality SVG or PDF diagrams. It also includes XMI export.
It has a plugin infrastructure to ease the addition of functionality.
- Gaphor has a UML 2.0 compliant data model. This guarantees future compatibility with other modeling tools.
- The data model is developed in Gaphor itself!
- Diagram items can be used freely in every diagram. No restrictions what so ever.
- Support for stereotypes on classes, interfaces and packages graphically. You can define stereotypes for class types (e.g. Class or State assign them to the appropriate elements in your diagram.
- Classes support stereotype attributes. Extra stereotype information can be defined by setting attributes on the stereotypes.
- SVG, PNG, PDF diagram exports.
- Cross platform: Gaphor works on both Unix (including Mac OS X) and Windows.
- Stable file format. We warrant that older files will be readable by Gaphor.
- Plugin infrastructure makes Gaphor easy to extend.
- Class diagrams
- Component diagrams
- Use case diagrams
- Action diagrams
- Interaction diagrams
- State diagrams
More about Gaphor: Gaphor
Cadifra UML Editor
Cadifra UML Editor - Cadifra UML Editor
Cadifra was designed for quick capture of UML diagrams and for accurate printing of such diagrams. It excels at its goals.
Draw professional quality UML diagrams on Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP:
- Embed diagrams into Microsoft Word (see video)
- Undo/redo all changes, without a limit
- Edit any text in-place with a double-click
- Drag a selection to wherever you want
- Enjoy clever connectors
- Fast zoom with your mousewheel (hold down <ctrl>)
More about Cadifra UML Editor: Cadifra UML Editor
Topcased - TopCased is for:
- Critical systems Topcased is a software environment primarily dedicated to the realization of critical embedded systems including hardware and/or software.
- Modeling Topcased promotes model-driven engineering and formal methods as key technologies.
- Open-source Topcased is released as free/libre/open-source software by a group of partners from various organisations.
More about Topcased: Topcased
Modelio - Modelio Enterprise Edition
Enterprise-wide modeling, large-scale team support, MDA customization
to adapt Modelio to your environment
- Full UML2 support
- Model-driven code generation
- Code-model synchronization using your favorite IDE
- HTML/MS-Word document generation and customization
- XMI import and export
- Teamwork management and project sharing
- Configuration and version management with the "Subversion" open-source tool
- Platform generation modules (C#, Java, C++, SQL, BPEL, XSD, WSDL, Hibernate)
- Metamodel access through a Java API
- MDA customization
- Tool extension through a wide range of modules
- Scripting language support (Jython)
- SOA Architecture modeling
- Enterprise Architecture and Business Process modeling
- BPMN support
- Requirement and goal analysis
- Dictionary and business rule definition
More about Modelio: Modelio
ArgoUML - ArgoUML is an open source UML modeling tool and includes support for all standard UMLdiagrams. It runs on any Java platform and is available in ten languages. See the feature list for more details:
- All 9 UML 1.4 Diagrams supported
- Platform Independent: Java 5+
- Click and Go! with Java Web Start
- Standard UML 1.4 Metamodel
- UML Profile support with profiles provided
- XMI Support
- Export Diagrams as GIF, PNG, PS, EPS, PGML and SVG
- Available in ten languages - EN, EN-GB, DE, ES, IT, RU, FR, NB, PT, ZH
- Advanced diagram editing and Zoom
- OCL Support
- Forward Engineering
- Reverse Engineering / Jar/class file Import
More about ArgoUML: ArgoUML
AmaterasUML - AmaterasUML is an Eclipse plug-in for drawing UML class-diagram, and UML sequence-diagram.
More about AmaterasUML: AmaterasUML
Jink-uml - Plan out your program in a UML-like fashion. Jink allows you to go "into" any node on the graph by zooming into it with the mouse-wheel. Once inside the node, you can make an entirely new graph. This is like adding a 3rd dimension to the canvas.
Note: Jink can be used for planning out other things besides programs. It can be used to formulate any grand ideas that may be dwelling in your head!
- export as source code so that you'll have a full template for your project.
- smoothly navigate into and out of nodes.
- some special nodes like Links and Media
More about Jink-uml: Jink-uml
ObjectDomain - ObjectDomain is a tool for UML modeling and collaborative development of enterprise systems. Offering unparalleled multi-user support, ObjectDomain fosters team collaboration and reuse of business logic and framework components.
ObjectDomain supports all phases of development allowing analysts, developers, and all stake holders to effectively visualize, communicate, share, document, and manage all enterprise modeling assets.
More about ObjectDomain: ObjectDomain
Visual Paradigm for UML
Visual Paradigm for UML - Visual Paradigm for UML is a Unified Modeling Language (UML) design tool that supports all UML diagrams, SysML diagrams and entity relationship diagram. Visual Paradigm for UML provides extensive use case modeling features including full function UML use case diagram, flow of events editor, use case/actor grid and activity diagram generation. Visual Paradigm for UML produces system documentation in PDF, HTML and MS Word formats. Developer can design system documentation with template designer. System analyst can estimate the consequences of changes with impact analysis diagrams, such as matrix and analysis diagram. Visual Paradigm for UML generates Java code
More about Visual Paradigm for UML: Visual Paradigm for UML
Smartdraw - Smartdraw is a "like" Visio Tools.
It's an assistance to build every kind of graphic, but is not a specially uml tool. However you can use this tools for simple and schematics graphics, for pm stuff and for mindmaps.
More about Smartdraw: Smartdraw
Omondo - Eclipse UML tool for Java developers supports
- UML 2.2 Diagrams
- Maven Modeling Cycle
- OracleEnterprise Pack Eclipse 11g
- Dynamic Navigation
- Live code and model synchronization *UML Profile diagram
- Persistence Development
- Reverse Engineering Architecture
- Database Reverse engineering
- Java or UML or both
- XMI Editor
- Reverse Legacy Jar File
More about Omondo: Omondo
- Supports static class diagrams including notes, classes and packages
- Exports HTML documentation
- Exports FlashMX XML docs
- Exports stub code w/ FlashDoc compatible comments
- Exports to XML, for sharing or saving locally
- Completely free online use
- Multiple link types
- Automatic documentation generation
- All items can have highlight colors applied
- Built in FlashOS2, for an attractive, intuitive interface.
More about GModeler: GModeler
Violet - Violet is a UML editor with these benefits:
- It is very easy to learn and use
- It draws nice-looking class, sequence, state, object and use-case diagrams
- It is completely free (includes source, distributed under the GNU General Public License)
- It is cross-platform
- Rational Rose
- The free ArgoUML and its commercial cousin Poseidon
Here are some of the features that industrial-strength UML programs have and that Violet does not have
- Code generation. Violet does not generate any source code from UML diagrams.
- Reverse engineering. Violet does not generate UML diagrams from source code
- Semantic checking of models. You can use Violet to draw contradictory diagrams
- XMI export or import. Violet does not generate files that can be imported into other UML tools, nor can it read model files from other tools
More about Violet: Violet
Astade - Astade, a UML tool for the complete C or C++ development process.
- Drawing tool for use case diagrams
- Drawing tool for component diagrams
- Drawing tool for sequence diagrams
- Code generator for C++
- Code generator for C (e.g. for implementing Linux kernel drivers)
- Input dialogue for statecharts
- Code generator for statecharts
- Automatic generated class diagramms
- Build in trace tool for generating sequence diagrams
- IDE for compiling and debugging
- Works with any code editor
- Automatic code generation for constraints
- Automatic code generation for member initialisation
- Interface to wxGlade for GUI development
- Interface to Doxygen for documentation
- Interface to repositories (SVN, GIT, MKS)
- Available for Windows and Linux operating system
More about Astade: Astade
Umbrello UML Modeller
Umbrello UML Modeller - Umbrello UML Modeller is a Unified Modelling Language diagram programme for KDE. UML allows you to create diagrams of software and other systems in a standard format. Our handbook gives a good introduction to Umbrello and UML modelling.
More about Umbrello UML Modeller: Umbrello UML Modeller
UMLet - UMLet is an open-source UML tool with a simple user interface: draw UML diagrams fast, export diagrams to eps, pdf, jpg, svg, and clipboard, share diagrams using Eclipse, and create new, custom UML elements.
UMLet runs stand-alone or as Eclipse plug-in on Windows, OS X and Linux.
More about UMLet: UMLet
Rational Rose Modeler
Rational Rose Modeler - Rational Rose Modeler support Unified Modeling Language (UML) v1.4 for creation of software applications.
- Provides a common modeling language and environment for faster creation of quality software
- Offers analysis patterns support based on "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
- Includes a separately controllable model components feature that enables more granular management and use of models
- Integrates with other IBM Rational lifecycle development tools
- Can integrate with any SCC-compliant version control system, including IBM Rational ClearCase
- Delivers Web publish models and reports to improve communication across the extended team
More about Rational Rose Modeler: Rational Rose Modeler
Prosa UML modeler
Prosa UML modeler - rosa visualizes the development work. Visual models show the entirety all the time and make the projects easier to manage. Visualization clarifies the communication in the team and between the team members and other interest groups.
- Complete UML V1.5 support
- Multimedia support
- Integrated model browser
- Complete Windows conformant user interface
- Context-specific pop-up menus by diagram type
- Fast symbol placement, scaling, moving, naming
- Fast association and relationship creation and editing
- Fast editing of graphics and text
- Rich text editor implementation in graphics
- Excellent Cut and Paste, Drag and Drop functions
- Multilevel Undo/Redo
- Intelligent automatic reuse of information between diagrams
- Excellent diagram integration
- Complete OLE support
- Concurrent documentation and web publication
- High quality documents
- Safety save of diagrams
- Multi-user environment
- Model locking and protection
- Complete Windows conformant Help
- Integrated simulation and code generation (options)
More about Prosa UML modeler: Prosa UML modeler
MacA&D - Use MacA&D for system modeling and simulation, requirements management, structured analysis and design, UML and data modeling. Get diagram editors for process models, data models, class models, state models, object models, structure models and task models. Use models to show different views of the software system integrated through a global data dictionary. Generate code for several languages including C++, Java, Delphi, Objective-C, PHP and SQL. Model, parameterize, simulate and chart dynamic systems. Automate requirements specification and traceability, design verification reports and text import/export features. Script custom reports or select from dozens of standard reports. Support multi-user team dictionary and requirement documents with a site license.
More about MacA&D: MacA&D
QuickUML Windows - Use QuickUML to draw core UML models with code generation for several languages. An entire project is presented through a tabbed window that includes use cases, class models, object models, dictionary and code and saved as an XML file. Use cases document user interactions with the system and link to models, code, foreign files or other use cases. Class models contain classes, interfaces, components, packages and other objects. Sequence diagrams illustrate how objects interact. Get advanced features for multiple language projects, design namespaces, UML stereotype extensions, flexible color support, custom detail fields and automated generation of class models from the dictionary. An integrated code manager enables the designer to navigate through code files linked to use cases and diagram objects.
More about QuickUML Windows: QuickUML Windows
WinA&D - WinA&D is a comprehensive tool for system modeling and simulation, requirements management, structured analysis and design, object-oriented modeling with UML and data modeling of information systems. It has diagram editors for process models, data models, class models, state models, object models, structure models and task models. Each model shows a different view of the software system integrated through a global data dictionary. Dictionary and model information can be used to generate code for several languages including C++, C#, Java, Delphi, PHP, Ada and SQL. Dynamic systems can be modeled, parameterized, simulated and charted. The tool provides requirements specification and traceability, design verification reports and text import/export features. The integrated report generator includes dozens of standard reports plus a scriptable environment for creating custom reports. The Site License edition supports multi-user team dictionary and requirement documents making it well suited for team development.
More about WinA&D: WinA&D
QuickUML MacOSX - Use QuickUML to draw core UML models with code generation for several languages. An entire project is presented through a tabbed window that includes use cases, class models, object models, dictionary and code and saved as an XML file. Use cases document user interactions with the system and link to models, code, foreign files or other use cases. Class models contain classes, interfaces, components, packages and other objects. Sequence diagrams illustrate how objects interact. Get advanced features for multiple language projects, design namespaces, UML stereotype extensions, flexible color support, custom detail fields and automated generation of class models from the dictionary. An integrated code manager enables the designer to navigate through code files linked to use cases and diagram objects.
More about QuickUML MacOSX: QuickUML MacOSX
WithClass - WithClass is a UML Modeling Tool. It allows you to draw UML Diagrams, generate code, and reverse engineer popular OO languages.
- Available in three levels: Enterprise, Professional, and C#.
- Reverse engineer C++. Java, Delphi, VB, IDL, Perl, PHP, C#, and VB.net.
- Capture diagrams in GIF, JPEG, BMP, WMF
- Draws all UML 1.x diagrams<br/>
- Works with EJB
- create your own VBA add-ins or use and edit our existing add-ins to increase functionality.
More about WithClass: WithClass
Astah* - Astah* is a lightweight UML editor integrated with ERD, DFD, CRUD and Mind mapping features for software developers. Developers, analysts, testers and managers can communicate with one another using astah diagrams because all the diagrams are stored in one model. Besides the standalone editions, "astah* share"(a web server edition) will boost the communication by providing a web-browser view of the shared diagrams so that the team can exchange comments like social network services.
More about Astah*: Astah*
Visio - Microsoft Office Visio 2007 makes it easy for IT and business professionals to visualize, explore, and communicate complex information. Go from complicated text and tables that are hard to understand to Visio diagrams that communicate information at a glance. Instead of static pictures, create data-connected Visio diagrams that display data, are easy to refresh, and dramatically increase your productivity. Use the wide variety of diagrams in Office Visio 2007 to understand, act on, and share information about organizational systems, resources, and processes throughout your enterprise
More about Visio: Visio
Jude - Jude is a lightweight UML editor integrated with ERD, DFD, CRUD and Mind mapping features for software developers. Developers, analysts, testers and managers can communicate with one another using Jude diagrams because all the diagrams are consistently stored in one model. Besides the standalone editions, Jude share"(a web server edition) will boost the communication by providing a web-browser view of the shared diagrams so that the team can exchange comments like social network services.
More about Jude: Jude
Metamill - Metamill is a UML modeling software supporting latest standards. Supports all 13 diagrams of UML 2.1, including timing diagrams. Models are in XMI 2.1 format. All licensing options support round-trip code engineering for Java, C++, C, C# and VB.Net. HTML documentation can be generated from models.
More about Metamill: Metamill
Innovator Object - As part of the modeling platform Innovator, Innovator Object is the tool for object-oriented modeling with UML 2.
The consistent support of the Model Driven Architecture gives you maximum security for the future and technological neutrality. Innovator Object provides you with a profile for the UML 2 standard Object Management Group (OMG) and offers you optimum adaptation to your development process.
The mapping options of Innovator Object ensure consistency and high productivity. You efficiently use the results of your business process, data and object models for your object-oriented application development.
More about Innovator Object: Innovator Object
Objecteering - A model is not just a drawing. With more than 250 consistency checks immediately applied to your models, Objecteering ensures permanent consistency and traceability management.
Whatever your role and domain (business owner, IT service provider, designer, analyst, developer, architect, etc), whatever your approach and your technical targets, Objecteering 6 can be easily configured to truly become a tool dedicated to your specific context.
The flexibility of Objecteering's graphical editors makes it easy to create, associate, connect, embed, organize and handle model elements. Objecteering's semantic graphical editors interactively guide and assist designers.
The Fask Link Editor, a graphical editor dedicated to viewing and editing links, lets you quickly create traceability, use and inheritance links through a simple drag and drop, and provides an easy means of viewing and browsing elements.
Graphical settings are used to predefine numerous UML model presentation criteria. Objecteering "templates" are veritable modeling style sheets that you can share with other users to federate your preferences.
More about Objecteering: Objecteering
Visual UML - Visual UML (VUML) is an award-winning affordable, easy-to-use yet powerful and full-featured visual UML tool for object modeling that provides full and comprehensive support for the following OMG UML (Unified Modeling Language) 1.3, 1.4 & 2.0 diagram types: Package, Use Case, Class, Object, Activity, Component, Deployment, Collaboration/Communication, Sequence, State Machine, Robustness and Interaction Overview diagrams.
More about Visual UML: Visual UML
Ideogramic UML - Modeling is an essential activity in modern software development. Using the standardized Unified Modeling Language (UML), analysts can document large domains, software architects can design complex software architectures, and developers can document their code efficiently. Using Ideogramic UML you can start to exploit these benefits in new and powerful ways.
More about Ideogramic UML: Ideogramic UML
Poseidon - Beginners, students, and commercial users alike will find Poseidon for UML to be a thorough UML tool without the limits imposed by the community versions of other tools. It contains all 9 UML diagrams and all implemented diagram elements. You can create and load projects, browse existing models, exchange models, generate Java code, export your diagrams to various formats, and much more.
Export options such as printing and saving are available with a license rental or rent subscription. The cost-free version can be used to view, create, and edit models, but the export options are not available.
The Poseidon difference
Other tools claim to be intuitive, but their interfaces are overly complex and can be intimidating for new users. Poseidon for UML has an inherent simplicity that lets you create models with ease. Download the Community Edition of Poseidon for UML and see the Poseidon difference for yourself.
More about Poseidon: Poseidon
Dia - Dia is a gtk+ based diagram creation program released under the GPL license.
Dia is inspired by the commercial Windows program 'Visio', though more geared towards informal diagrams for casual use. It can be used to draw many different kinds of diagrams. It currently has special objects to help draw entity relationship diagrams, UML diagrams, flowcharts, network diagrams, and many other diagrams. It is also possible to add support for new shapes by writing simple XML files, using a subset of SVG to draw the shape.
It can load and save diagrams to a custom XML format (gzipped by default, to save space), can export diagrams to a number of formats, including EPS, SVG, XFIG, WMF and PNG, and can print diagrams (including ones that span multiple pages).
More about Dia: Dia
Fujaba - The Fujaba Tool Suite (shortly: Fujaba) is an open source CASE tool providing developers with support for model-based software engineering and re-engineering. The Fujaba project aimes at developing and extending the Fujaba Tool Suite and thus offering an extensible plattform for software engineering researchers. The Fujaba Development Group is permanently developing and extending Fujaba and numerous related tools.
Originally, Fujaba was aimed to support software forward and reverse engineering. That is why Fujaba is an acronym for "From UML to Java and back again".
Fujaba's main features are:
- Powerful, easy to use, yet formal, visual, object-oriented software system specification language (UML class diagrams and specialised activity diagrams, so called Story Diagrams based on graph transformations)
- Java code generation based on the formal specification of a systems' structure and behaviour which results in an executable system prototype.
- An extensible CASE tool framework for researchers, who can develop their own Fujaba plug-ins.
- Numerous Fujaba plug-ins providing support for example for
- Reverse engineering of source code by creating UML class diagrams, detecting design patterns, idioms, anti patterns, bad smells,...
- Model-to-model transformations specified by triple graph grammars, TGGs (also usable in case of model synchronisation)
- Modelling, validation and verification of embedded real-time systems
- Meta-Modelling with MOF (OMG meta object facility)
More about Fujaba: Fujaba
Together - Increase the business-centric value of modeling with domain-specific languages that you can create and deploy using Together's new and unique Domain Specific Language (DSL) toolkit
Create UML 2 and business process models (BPMN) to generate and import business process execution languages with Web Services definitions (BPEL4WS)
Increase productivity and quality by automating design and code reviews that include audits and metrics at the model and code level
Easily use, create and customize OCL 2.0-based model audits and metrics to align your modeling efforts with company standards and ensure precise and consistent models
Boost productivity through Model Driven Architecture (MDA) features, including OMG's Query View Transformation (QVT) used in model-to-model transformations and support for OCL 2.0 with syntax highlighting, validation, code sense, debugging and expression evaluation
Improve communication with fully customizable template-based document generation.
More about Together: Together
BOUML - open-source, UML 2.0, Java, C++, IDL, HTML documentation generation
import Rational Rose, high performance
More about BOUML: BOUML
Artiso Visual Case
Artiso Visual Case - The following are some of the key features of the Visual CaseTM tool by category.
- UML Diagram
- Basic Diagrams
- Database Tools
- Database Engineering
- Code Engineer
- SQL Editor
- Integrated Help
More about Artiso Visual Case: Artiso Visual Case
Artisan Studio - real-time modeling, multi-user object repository, UML 2.0 template packages
More about Artisan Studio: Artisan Studio
Ameos - Supports MDA, UML 2.0 Profiles, generates C, C++, Ada, Java
More about Ameos: Ameos
UModel - UML 2.0, Java round-trip engineering.
UModel 2009 combines a rich visual interface with superior usability features to help level the UML learning curve, yet it also includes high-end functionality to empower users with the most compelling advantages of UML software development.
UModel 2009 features these advanced model-based software development capabilities:
More about UModel: UModel
Poseidon - The Unified Modeling Language was designed to reduce the complexity of software system design. Language and process specific notation has been replaced with a universal visual notation that facilitates communication within all levels of development from business analysts with limited programming knowledge all the way to senior software architects.
Skip the learning curve and "just model" with Poseidon
Don't lose the advantage of clarity and simplicity to an overly complicated tool - the Poseidon for UML software line lets you get down to work without entanglements in your development environment. Powerful features such as round trip engineering and documentation generation have been intelligently implemented without the overhead common to so many other UML tools on the market today.
Nearly every UML tool producer claims to have an "intuitive interface", but only Poseidon for UML incorporates inherently simple functionality. See for yourself and try Poseidon for UML today.
More about Poseidon: Poseidon
Enterprise Architect - The Corporate Edition of Enterprise Architect is a comprehensive modeling solution targeted at larger development teams.
Supporting a rich feature-set including model auditing, version control, role based security, mind mapping, the option for a DBMS repository, MDG Technology creation and utilization, shared models, debug and visualization for running applications, and more.
Automation interface access gives other applications the ability to create, access and modify Enterprise Architect UML elements.
The ability to import and export XMI compliant models allows for data distribution and model comparison to established baselines.
Rapid report generation in HTML and Rich Text Format, producing professional quality reports in seconds.
Corporate Edition also supports user security, replication and user level locking of elements and diagrams.
This comprehensive array of features makes it perfect for any large development team.
More about Enterprise Architect: Enterprise Architect
Best Open Source CASE Tool
Best Open Source CASE Tool
Cookies must be allowed to vote
Cookies must be allowed to vote